Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Window to Heaven On the Appalachian Trail--A video blog post

Once in a while, one of my hikes is so special that it literally defies words.  It has happened once before--last summer when I spent 4 days on the AT in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It has now happened again, and again the hike was on a section of the AT, this time near Roan Mountain, Tennessee from Carver's Gap to 19E.  This trek was supposed to be 14 miles, but by the time we were done, my Fitbit (and my hamstrings) told me it was a 17.2 mile hike completed in one glorious day.  As I said, words cannot come close to describing the vistas that surrounded us the whole way across those Roan Mountain Balds, so instead, walk with me here and enjoy a small window onto Heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment